Go Back   Nexodyne Forums > Living > Drugs
Reload this Page Efficacy of Nootropics
User Name
Password

Old 05-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Nexodyne God

Kamil is a name known to allKamil is a name known to allKamil is a name known to allKamil is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Kamil
Efficacy of Nootropics

Hello all,

A few years back, a member of this board told me about nootropics. According to wikipedia, Nootropics are "are drugs, supplements, nutraceuticals, and functional foods that are purported to improve mental functions such as cognition, memory, intelligence, motivation, attention, and concentration." In the past few years I've tried quite a few nootropics, discontinued the use of many and retained a few.

Vitamins etc:
Gingko Biloba / Bacopa Monnieri/ Ginseng Blend
Omega 3
B-12

-Racetams:
Aniracetam
Piracetam

Choline sources:
Choline Bitartrate
Citicoline
Alpha-GPC
L-Huperzine

Stimulants/Dopamine Precursors:
L-Tyrosine
Phenylethylamine

From these, I think Omega 3 is good to take on a long-term basis. Piracetam is subtle, yet effective for a motivation boost, mental clarity and procrastination-elimination. Alpha-GPC is pricey, but by far the most effective choline source and a good addition to piracetam. From my experience it seems that Alpha-GPC is more effective as a nootropic than Piracetam. L-huperzine is great for memorizing things in the short term. And L-tyrosine is very necessary to replenish neurotransmitters after the sometimes necessary all-nighter.

That said, I'm not sure that nootropics are all that necessary for regular healthy individuals and I'm not sure if they actually help with academic performance. I take Piracetam + a choline source + omega 3 as needed. My grades in uni have been great, but I don't know if nootropics are a causal factor of good performance, rather than a correlation. I think nootropics would be most effective and a good idea for individuals with any pre-existing learning deficits, years of substance/alcohol abuse or those that are not bright to start with. If you have any questions, shoot.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:48 AM
Nexodyne Newbie

wahaneebelly is on a distinguished road
you are not using the nootropics to increase/decrease weight are u ? the anarchy stack does work well , but the nootropics will just help with over all well being , nothing fantastic when it comes to increasing gains made , u'd rather invest in something else .Nootropics, also referred to as smart drugs, memory enhancers, and cognitive enhancers, are drugs, supplements, nutraceuticals, and functional foods that are purported to improve mental functions such as cognition, memory, intelligence, motivation, attention, and concentration.