Go Back   Nexodyne Forums > Living > Physical Fitness
Reload this Page tryin to gain weight
User Name
Password

Old 05-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Biceps made out of Steel Cobras

rhinoceros is just really nicerhinoceros is just really nicerhinoceros is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to rhinoceros Send a message via MSN to rhinoceros
tryin to gain weight

hey guys
i'd like to throw on a few extra pounds. i can' lift much this summer because i'm getting surgery to my left shoulder. what kind of shit should i eat?

Old 05-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Contributor

EM2915 is just really niceEM2915 is just really niceEM2915 is just really nice
Green Star

Eat a lot of carbs.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:47 PM

rhinoceros is just really nicerhinoceros is just really nicerhinoceros is just really nice
REAL SPECIFIC, MAN!

haha seriously though, is there anything in particular you think that's a good buy (dare I say it) and has a ton of calories?

Old 05-14-2010, 06:02 PM

Liam is a jewel in the roughLiam is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Liam
I'm pretty sure if you just gain weight without working out you're just going to get fat. I'm pretty sure its best to do both at the same time so maybe you might want to wait? But with that said maybe invest in some protein shakes, eat lots of carbs, that kind of stuff? Definitely eat more meals a day as well

If you read this sentence you are gay.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
I'm pretty sure if you just gain weight without working out you're just going to get fat. I'm pretty sure its best to do both at the same time so maybe you might want to wait? But with that said maybe invest in some protein shakes, eat lots of carbs, that kind of stuff? Definitely eat more meals a day as well

yeah, im going to be running a few times a week but shit's hard, you know? i smoke a bit so running ain't that fun.

thanks guys.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Contributor

EM2915 is just really niceEM2915 is just really niceEM2915 is just really nice
Green Star

sorry didnt know how specific i had to be when talking to a rhino

Old 05-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Contributor of Idiocy

Rick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to behold
I used to be completely unable to gain weight. I would eat and eat and work out and nothing.

Since boot camp (Dec 7th 09 - March 7th 2010), I went from 128 lbs to 145 lbs. Since THEN, I've gained another 10 lbs of muscle via working out and eating healthy.

Honestly, a lot of gaining weight is in your diet. Try to hit the gym once a day or maybe once every other day, and make sure you eat a LOT of protein directly after working out.

I eat around 10,000 calories a day. I eat my weight in grams of protein, and double my weight in grams of carbs. So I eat around 150g protein / day, and 300g carbs.
(7:32:05 PM) Crescent0mega: brb smoking this 4 year old cock

Old 05-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Contributor of Idiocy

Rick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoceros
REAL SPECIFIC, MAN!

haha seriously though, is there anything in particular you think that's a good buy (dare I say it) and has a ton of calories?

Get weight-gainer 2200 gold. Each shake has 2,200 calories in it. Drink it 2 times a day and work out often. Be sure to have an actual blender, or the shit will be thicker than oatmeal.
(7:32:05 PM) Crescent0mega: brb smoking this 4 year old cock

Old 05-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Nexodyne God

Kamil is a name known to allKamil is a name known to allKamil is a name known to allKamil is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Kamil
Why would you want to gain fatty weight? Drink tons of soda, chips, lead a sedentary life style, cut down on your cigs.
If you want to gain muscle mass, there's nothing better than a full body workout at the gym and then eating protein sources until you're satisfied. Tuna is a great no-fat protein source.

I guess it also depends on your body type, some people have a hard time gaining weight and stay thin regardless of how much they eat. Personally, I find that I can build muscle pretty quickly, but it takes a lot of effort to burn fat.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:41 AM
Nexodyne Newbie

wahaneebelly is on a distinguished road
If your trying to gain weight the key is to up your calorie intake and protine intake. But be carefull not to over due it, when you up your calories make sure that you are still eating good calories. Depending on how long you have/or plan to be on Topamax will determine how much weight you will lose. I was on this medication for almost 3 years and started at 123lbs and ended at 100lbs.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:00 PM

I've been going on my own sort of diet and exercise schedule, working out about 5 times a week for ~an hour lifting in my home for different muscle groups.
Gonna eat more food. gonna smoke more weed.
Not gonna lie it kinda rules, I've gained about five pounds already and it's muscle. I work out for about 40 minutes in my home and stretch for about twenty minutes before that.

does anyone else think stretching is as awesome as me? feels great man.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Wordy Wordy Wordpants!

CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.
Quote:
I've been going on my own sort of diet and exercise schedule, working out about 5 times a week for ~an hour lifting in my home for different muscle groups.
Gonna eat more food. gonna smoke more weed.
Not gonna lie it kinda rules, I've gained about five pounds already and it's muscle. I work out for about 40 minutes in my home and stretch for about twenty minutes before that.

does anyone else think stretching is as awesome as me? feels great man.

Stretching is so important. It helps increase blood flow to different parts of your body and increases flexibility. Also when working out I've noticed that it seems to help the muscles out a lot. When I build muscle it's like they cramp up and stretching kind of pulls them apart. Hurts so good.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO3
Stretching is so important. It helps increase blood flow to different parts of your body and increases flexibility. Also when working out I've noticed that it seems to help the muscles out a lot. When I build muscle it's like they cramp up and stretching kind of pulls them apart. Hurts so good.

ive been sitting down periodically to stretch throughout the day
fucking good shit man
also, i definitely felt way better while working out than if i hadn't stretched or only stretched 1-2 minutes like usual.

Old 05-28-2014, 05:36 AM
Nexodyne Newbie

bariza is on a distinguished road
Quote:
hey guys
i'd like to throw on a few extra pounds. i can' lift much this summer because i'm getting surgery to my left shoulder. what kind of shit should i eat?

so you can't make effort from your shoulder but there are lot of other exercises where shoulder work isn't necessary like running and waling... so start running exercise with high protein intake
Tacoma boot camp