Go Back   Nexodyne Forums > Entertainment > Video Games
Reload this Page Garena > way to competitive DotA gaming, I think not.
User Name
Password

Old 06-22-2009, 04:22 AM
Banned

andrewmoquin is on a distinguished road
Garena > way to competitive DotA gaming, I think not.

So i have been playing DotA since around 6.27 in Eurobattle.net and i got bored of those newbish games so i read in here that garena is one step up... Well i beg to differ. Let me tell you about my first experience there. I joined a what i thought was a decent game 5v5 -ap. I went to the scourge team to have a bigger challenge, but what to my surprise 2 of our team left in the countdown.. So after the game was loaded it was 5v3, all the sentined yelled PLAY NOOBS!!!!!!!!11evelen!!! What could i do.. I picked Tinker.. I realized i have to carry hard.. Then came my teammates picks: Mortred and Magina. I wanted to hang myself... Not only did they go boots first but they both went like 0-10 in 15 mins.. I mean wtf?!?! anyway i was a good sport and i waited to the game to finisgh.. The second game i went there started out as an 5v5... after the host pressed start game , it started out okay, i thought i was in dreamland. The picks were quite okay, we went warlock, earth, magna, jakiro and spectre. i finallt though it would be a decent game... I was wrong.. Everyone except me went boots first.. I asked earth why did you go boots first, you need mana, he yelled at me why didn't I go boots first with warlock: "early movement speed owns" he said. I was astonished. Anyway what i am asking actually is what should i do? I want to make it to competitive DotA. I read that most teams require you to be a member of Garena, but most of them seem to be total beginners.. I try to get to higher rooms in Garena but i simply have no luck with teams.. I can not win with a team full of agi heroes... especially when all of my allies think boots and then vladimirs is the best item build ever..
Please enlighten me oh wise DA.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:24 AM
Biceps made out of Steel Cobras

HYPERION is on a distinguished road
Alot of fags in Garena are elitists so don't bother with them too much..

I used to play DotA and still play DotA,but when it's 5 vs 3 you can still do a switch and it could have become 4 vs 4,it all depends on taste I usually go 2xbracers/talisma/band
boots and then other recipes..

It's usually all about ganking.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Nexodyne Newbie

False Pseudonym is on a distinguished road
I think DotA is a little out dated now try out HoN or LoL Heroes of newerth(HoN) is more like DotA and LoL(League of Legends) is a noob friendly version with brighter colors.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Contributor Pirate

Dragoon is a jewel in the roughDragoon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Dragoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by False Pseudonym
I think DotA is a little out dated now try out HoN or LoL Heroes of newerth(HoN) is more like DotA and LoL(League of Legends) is a noob friendly version with brighter colors.

Told ya new members would mean gravedigging. Welcome to the forum.

I tried HoN for a bit, didn't really hold my interest. Then again, I was never a big fan of DotA in the first place so it's hardly surprising. A few of my friends play LoL and have spoken of it in a positive light.

Icefrog, the guy who (in large part, at least) developed DotA has been hired by Valve, who are now working on DotA 2. From what I've heard, they're basically porting DotA to Source and not making any major gameplay changes--same heroes, same abilities, same items, etc. As much as I normally love Valve games, I can't find any enthusiasm for this project.