View Single Post

Old 04-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Nexodyne Newbie

SnoringFrog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
I've been slowly watching TTGL, but it hasn't managed to grab my attention too firmly so far. I haven't seen Basilisk or Gunslinger Girl, but Samurai 7 was excellent.

Watched To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, it was was pretty good. Better than To Aru Majutsu no Index, I think, though it was quite good as well. And I don't think I mentioned Full Metal Panic in this thread before; also a fan of that. Or Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which was much better than the first series (in which the writers went off on their own tangent and made up their own shitty ending before the manga had finished).

TTGL is an interesting one; if you don't care for the "make up random BS solutions that magically solve everything" method, you won't like the series at all, since it pretty much hinges on that. I was actually surprised how much I enjoyed it, because I had several friends who had talked it up for years before I got around to it, so I was expecting to be disappointed by having my expectations too high.

Basilisk is nice for the constant action. Someone fairly important seems to die in every episode, and they manage to pack a good bit of content into just 26 episodes. Gunslinger Girl, surprisingly, is somewhat slow and has little focus on action. The second season (Il Teatrino) is a little more action-oriented, but it's still less than you'd expect from an anime about young girls who have been made into partially robotic assassins.

I've never heard of Aru Kagaku no Railgun or Better than To Aru Majutsu no Index, and never seen Full Metal Panic (although I've heard good things about it), but I love FMA. Haven't had the opportunity to watch much of either series, but I did read the entire manga, so I generally just say I've seen most of Brotherhood, since that follows the manga almost exactly. One of these days I'll go back and actually watch the entire thing though.