03-26-2012, 06:44 AM
Join Date: Mar 2012
Try out This Amazing Italian Lemon Butter Chicken. One of my favorite, I can sure you never get rid of it.
Lemon Butter Sauce:
* White wine 2/4 cup only
* Fresh lemon juice 5 tablespoons
* Heavy cream 5 tablespoons
* Butter 1 cup, chilled
* Salt and pepper to taste
Chicken and Pasta:
* Dry farfalle or bow tie pasta ½ pound only
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
* Olive oil 1 tablespoon
* Butter 1 tablespoon
* All-purpose flour Ό cup
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Bacon 4 ounces
* Mushrooms 6 ounces, sliced
* Artichoke hearts 6 ounces, drained and halved
* Capers 2 teaspoons, drained
* Fresh parsley for garnish, chopped
* The first step to preparing this recipe is to make the sauce. A saucepan should be selected and lemon juice and wine should be poured into it over medium heat. It should be cooked at a low boil until the liquid is reduced by 1/3 of its original amount. Next, some cream should be stirred and simmered until it thickens. Now, gradually 1 tablespoon of butter should be added at a time to the sauce, stirring until it gets completely incorporated into the sauce. salt and pepper should be added for taste. Then, remove from the heat and keep it warm.
* The next step is to select a pot and add salt and water to it which should be brought to boil. The pasta should be added to the water and cooked until al dente for about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the water and set the pasta aside.
* Next step is to prepare the chicken. For this, a large skillet should be selected and oil should be added to it. Also add 2 tablespoons of butter to it and heat it all over medium heat. Select a small bowl and stir in together some salt, flour and pepper. Then, the chicken should lightly be coated with the flour mixture. Without any crowding, the chicken should be carefully placed into the hot oil and if required it should be cooked in batches. Fry the chicken until it gets cooked through and becomes golden brown on both the sides. The chicken should then be removed onto some paper towels to allow the oil to drain. To the same skillet add some more oil if needed and stir the bacon, mushrooms, artichokes and the capers. This mixture should be cooked until the mushrooms become soft.
* Next, the chicken breasts should be cut into bite- size strips and return them to the skillet. Then, stir half of the lemon butter sauce into the chicken mixture.
* The last step is the serving. Select a large, round bowl and place the pasta into it. The chicken mixture should then be stirred into the pasta. Taste it and add additional salt and pepper for seasoning. Stir in the remaining lemon butter sauce as desired. Toss them well and garnish on the top with some parsley. Enjoy your meal.