View Single Post

Old 04-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Contributor Pirate

Dragoon is a jewel in the roughDragoon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Dragoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoringFrog
TTGL is an interesting one; if you don't care for the "make up random BS solutions that magically solve everything" method, you won't like the series at all, since it pretty much hinges on that. I was actually surprised how much I enjoyed it, because I had several friends who had talked it up for years before I got around to it, so I was expecting to be disappointed by having my expectations too high.

As over-the-top as that show is so far, I feel like an abundance of deus ex machina is more acceptable than it would be in a show that tried to take itself more seriously.

Quote:
Basilisk is nice for the constant action. Someone fairly important seems to die in every episode, and they manage to pack a good bit of content into just 26 episodes. Gunslinger Girl, surprisingly, is somewhat slow and has little focus on action. The second season (Il Teatrino) is a little more action-oriented, but it's still less than you'd expect from an anime about young girls who have been made into partially robotic assassins.

How's the plot in Gunslinger Girl? From the name, I got the impression that it's largely fan service, but the slower pace you mentioned gives me some hope that it might be better than the name might imply.

Quote:
I've never heard of Aru Kagaku no Railgun or Better than To Aru Majutsu no Index, and never seen Full Metal Panic (although I've heard good things about it), but I love FMA. Haven't had the opportunity to watch much of either series, but I did read the entire manga, so I generally just say I've seen most of Brotherhood, since that follows the manga almost exactly. One of these days I'll go back and actually watch the entire thing though.

You should check out Railgun, at least. It's pretty good. High production values, interesting setting, fairly interesting plots.