View Single Post

Old 05-15-2010, 03:18 AM
Wordy Wordy Wordpants!

CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddykins
We had an exam yesterday, one of the sections was on EQ (Equalisation, making music sound pretty, etc). I revised everything we'd done in class on it, as well as all the past questions he's asked on it in exams, and some extra tutorial sheets he's given us, I felt pretty well versed on the topic....

We walk in, sit down, question is (for 50% of the marks) 'What was xxxxs theory on the relation of impulse response to the Q of the signal?'. I've never heard of whoever the guy was, and what the hell. So I just guessed randomly at the answer in a logical sort of fashion, and just hope to god I was right, otherwise I have blatantly failed that exam.

Do you think it's total crap a teacher is allowed to do that? Has it ever happened to you? It's pretty much the worst feeling ever, you've revised your ass off, and he throws a wrench at you. Lame.

Total garbage. Instructors who do that should be fired. Placing a ridiculous amount of credit into a single obscure question is overly dramatic and something you'd see in a cheap television show from ten years ago. Luckily this has never happened to me, because if it did, I'd probably rage so hard my face would explode. I would reconsider my options for an education and probably file a formal complaint against the instructor.