Nexodyne Forums

Nexodyne Forums (/index.php)
-   Technology (/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I feel like I dont 'get' the iPad (/showthread.php?t=21553)

Biddykins 06-06-2010 01:38 PM

I feel like I dont 'get' the iPad

It's just a big iPhone, without the ability to ring people? I'm normally up on my tech things, but I feel like I'm just out of the loop with the iPad. Am I missing some amazing new innovation, or is it really just a big, clunky, useless iPhone?

Liam 06-06-2010 05:38 PM

I'm guessing the latter. Most people I talk to about it are like "ITS LIKE HAVING THE INTERNET IN YOUR HANDS!!" but I mean... wtf? Its also missing WiFi. Apparently here in Canada they're about to change the method in which they bill 3G internet users (iPad users) so that it becomes a ton more expensive based on the amount of data that they use. But they only decided to do this after Apple sold a metric asstonne of iPads.

In any case, I'm happy with the absolutely sick under priced laptop I found on Newegg :)

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...N82E16834220696

Dawgy 06-10-2010 09:14 PM

You probably don't get the iPad because you don't buy into the hype. All it is is a super-sized iPod touch and not much else. I fail to see the wonder that this device brings.

Gearbox 06-29-2010 02:27 AM

Basically, the iPad is an attempt to breathe life in the concept of tablet computing. Many companies have made tablet PCs, but usually not at the level of quality control and polish that Apple does. If you do not seem interested in the iPad, you probably never cared for a tablet PC to begin with.

Personally, I own a desktop-replacement laptop, a netbook, and even an eBook reader so I've covered just about everything that an iPad does or is featured to do, and if I were to buy one it would just be for redundancy.