Nexodyne Forums

Nexodyne Forums (/index.php)
-   Music (/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   What music do you listen to? (/showthread.php?t=21521)

CO3 05-21-2010 06:06 AM

What music do you listen to?

Genre or just bands is fine. I tend to lean toward Progressive and Alternative genres. Dream Theater, Rush, Deftones, Slipknot, Korn

And a lot of other bands from various genres. For instance: Black Sabbath. (:( Dio died recently... bad way to go)

Kate 05-21-2010 09:16 AM

My Last.fm tells me I listen to John Mayer, Hey Rosetta! Wakey!Wakey!, Death Cab, Tokyo Police Club, Dave Matthews, Mumford & Sons and Metric the most.

So I guess Rock in general is the best way to describe my favourites.

aaaaa 05-21-2010 10:56 AM

Metal / Hardcore mostly, pop punk, a lot of rap / hip hop, been getting into a fuck ton of dubstep lately.

http://www.last.fm/user/pizzaboy9010

But yeah, metal and hardcore genres is where my heart lies.

Liam 05-26-2010 01:00 AM

I love sappy non-country music like Last Kiss by Pearl Jam, Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton, 1/2 of all Our Lady Peace music. You know the type. But I'm also a big fan of alternative rock like Coheed, and I'm into some more acoustic-y things like John Mayer and whatnot. I've got pretty eclectic tastes, I usually just stay away from twang country, metal (Children of Bodom being the exception to the rule) and most rap as a rule of thumb.

Gearbox 06-27-2010 03:47 AM

After spending quite a couple years in my job and having a chance to listen to all my coworkers' tastes in music, I have successfully tolerated just about every genre of music except anything with bagpipes. So...

Rock
Pop
Hip-Hop
Rap (the good, lyrical kind not the dumb Mike Jones kind but it's hard to distinguish)
Indie
Easy Listening
Blues
Jazz
Techno
etc.

breakfast 06-30-2010 02:55 AM

http://www.last.fm/user/breakfast144/

aaaaa 06-30-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfast

Your musical compatibility with breakfast144 is High

Music you have in common includes Living With Lions, Set Your Goals, Daggermouth, City and Colour and Death Cab for Cutie.

<3

Kate 06-30-2010 02:39 PM

"Your musical compatibility with breakfast144 is Very High

Music you have in common includes Mumford & Sons, Death Cab for Cutie, Coheed and Cambria, Manchester Orchestra and John Mayer."

Whatup!

breakfast 06-30-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaa
Your musical compatibility with breakfast144 is High

Music you have in common includes Living With Lions, Set Your Goals, Daggermouth, City and Colour and Death Cab for Cutie.

<3

whoa... you're from the south how do you know those van city bands haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
"Your musical compatibility with breakfast144 is Very High

Music you have in common includes Mumford & Sons, Death Cab for Cutie, Coheed and Cambria, Manchester Orchestra and John Mayer."

Whatup!

word to your mother

aaaaa 06-30-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:
whoa... you're from the south how do you know those van city bands haha

love me some pop punk. always looking for new bands to check out.

i actually just ordered a daggermouth shirt the other day. i realllly wish i would of gotten into them before they stopped playing.

breakfast 06-30-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaa
love me some pop punk. always looking for new bands to check out.

i actually just ordered a daggermouth shirt the other day. i realllly wish i would of gotten into them before they stopped playing.

yeah they toured here with syg and played small shows before syg got big and shitty

i missed it though. qq :(

aaaaa 07-01-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:
yeah they toured here with syg and played small shows before syg got big and shitty

i missed it though. qq :(

syg was great until their newest cd. like maybe 2 songs on there that are worth a shit.

Dragoon 07-01-2010 12:44 PM

Mostly electronica right now--Goa/Psy-trance, drum&bass, some house. Occasionally some metal.

Ceci 02-23-2011 12:34 AM

if im putting music on its most likely gonna be ragga, jungle, british hip-hop (american only if its by the likes of immortal technique etc), or dubstep. of course i still love dub, ska, acid techno, dancehall, reggae, breakcore, and gabba though

Ceci 12-06-2011 08:25 AM

this is quite an old video of him but this is my mate lj smashinnn it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otrhaIxqh_w

01Aaron 12-20-2011 09:37 PM

Goodbye by Avril. :)

01Aaron 04-28-2012 01:21 AM

pop, classic, rock...
Almost all. I don't care much about the type of music. :)

JhonsonPeter 06-07-2012 01:38 AM

I feel affection every kind of music and especially I like to take pleasure in Classical songs. But while gaming I would like to listen Techno and Rock songs.

chimcanh 06-17-2012 11:18 PM

I like gold music

Helebabe 12-01-2012 06:27 AM

I love nothing better than hard rock and going to a club a rocking it out

SnoringFrog 01-01-2014 11:01 PM

I listen to a little bit of everything. In recent months it's been primarily post-hardcore or pop punk.

However, I also recently re-fell in love with Isosine's music. He does mashups of various songs (often of disparate genres) that always seem to come out amazing. E.g., this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACeQXmqF1LE (mashup of a plethora of 2013 pop songs; I like the 2nd and 3rd parts the most, the opening section's pretty good as well)