Nexodyne Forums

Nexodyne Forums (/index.php)
-   Technology (/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Network configuration (/showthread.php?t=21529)

ohgar_boy 05-25-2010 02:10 AM

Network configuration

Well, I want to have all three of my computers available on a network for file sharing.

BASEMENT>Windows XP
COLIN-PC>Vista
LAPTOP>Vista

Now the BASEMENT and COLIN-PC are both connected and I can see them when I go to Network from COLIN-PC. That's fine. But I can't see the laptop. It connects just fine to the internet and all, but I just can't see it in the network. It appears to be in the same workgroup (the default WORKGROUP) and it appears to be in the same network name BRAIN. The only difference is that the basement and my PC connect via ethernet cable, and the laptop is wireless.

I've exhausted myself trying to get the laptop to show up in the network display... What in the world do you think the issue is? I've googled a lot, but just don't get anywhere.

Edit: The point of this is for file sharing.

Alphasee 05-25-2010 06:32 AM

Get windows 7.

lol.

Or, hit me up on MSN. I can help set it up.

Iridium 05-26-2010 01:48 PM

Some routers have a "wireless isolation" mode so that although they can access the internet, they cannot "see" or communicate with any other machine connecting through the same router. There are other possibilities, but that's the one that springs to mind given that wired works fine.

ohgar_boy 05-29-2010 12:37 PM

No worries, issue resolved. Thanks.